About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mr Fuzzhead




Hello everybody,

I wasn't myself last weekend and I took a while to get my brain back so sorry for the delay in writing to you. Mummy says I had three proper fits over three days and lots of partial fits when she says I suddenly get up and wander over to her looking confused and then she pats me on the head and reassures me then I go and lay down again. I don't remember any of it but good old Mummy for seeing to me and poor old Mummy for having her sleep disturbed. I felt very very tired for a day or so when I was having the partial fits and then after so Mummy didn't make me do very much in the way of walking and kept me quiet and wouldn't let me play. When I picked up my Ziggy Piggy cushion and threw it at her, both she and Auntie grinned from ear to ear and said that meant I was myself again and were very very happy and had a game with me.

The weather has been a bit cooler for the last week or so which is better for me. I hurt my leg when I was fitting - Auntie says I fell over in the kitchen. My legs were really wobbly for a day or three and Mummy was worried but they are ok now - at least they were until I fell again yesterday but I was ok for my walk today, when we went almost to the Wood but then it went bang so we came home again.

When my Auntie was little, she and Mummy used to go The Park every day and they would meet a little boy called Andy who would play with Beauty (who was the dog they had then) and share Auntie's chips. Andy had to move away when Auntie was five but he read on my blog (Hello Andy!) that we needed a Guinea Hutch and got in touch. He and his lovely wife Emma came over last Saturday. They brought the hutch, which is huge and has all sorts of accessories which have made My People very happy, and they spent time chatting to My People and rubbing my head and stroking me and scritching my bottom which is one of my favourite things ever. I liked having some Man Time with Andy and My People liked seeing him again and I liked Emma very much indeed as she was good at stroking me and talked to me so nicely.

They are going to come back to see us and bring their young rescued dog who does not get on with other dogs too well so I will have to teach him some manners by moaning at him or ignoring him, whichever I think is best. Mummy says we will go for a walk together as I might be A Git if he comes in my house i.e. my territory which is very offensive but also quite possibly true because, as Mummy puts it, Bruce Doesn't Share!

Mummy went back to work this week and was really quite unhappy about something that happened there. She wishes we had more money and she could just retire and stay at home with me and so do I. However, I was a very good boy and settled into routine no problem, though I did of course sulk at Mummy and refuse to give her a kissy goodbye on her first day - it's tradition, I always do that to her when she goes back after having time off. She shouldn't leave me!

My People have been watching Eurovision this week which is boring for me. Mummy says she wants Blue to win. I don't mind them watching it tonight so much because they are having pizza and I will get some.

That's all for now,

I send my regards to all,

Bruce xxx

No comments: