About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mummy's Not Well, But She's Always Right




Hello everyone,

Sorry I have not written for a week, but my Mummy has been unwell and has been too tired to help me. Her asthma has been causing her problems and making her very tired. She has still gone to work and has given me my walks but she has had to sleep a lot too and has not felt like helping me with my photos and posting, especially since she had to go to Accident and Emergency and have a nebuliser on Thursday when she had a really bad attack.

Mummy’s boss and workplace are not very sympathetic or understanding about her asthma so she still went to work when she really should not have done. Even when she had the attack, no-one called across to see how she was (she works in the hospital!) or came to see her when she was getting treatment and her boss showed her little concern when she did come back – it was made clear that as long as she could work, “That’s all I care about”… No wonder Mummy is unhappy there. They have a meeting tomorrow about the review of staff levels – I think that Mummy would breathe a sigh of relief if they did make her redundant…

I have had a nice week. I got to have a walk with my second girlfriend, Melody. She belongs to my Auntie Geri, who very kindly gave us a great big chair for Auntie to sit in that flips back into a sort of bed and throws Auntie backwards. We might get some more of that furniture later in the year depending on what Geri does in her new home. Melody and I were very pleased to see each other. I like to nibble on her ears but I keep getting told off for it.

I have seen my friends Oscar and Leo the Pointers several times this week, and today I saw their friend Smartie the miniature Schnauzer. He is 12 years old and got cancer in his bum (ouch!) and he has had an operation for this (double ouch!) so he has a sore bum…

Yesterday and Friday, I had to have short walks because Mummy is tired so she took my ball wanger and I chased my ball a lot. I was being naughty on Friday and Mummy got a bit cheesed off with me and then yesterday she was very strict when I was naughty and really made me pay attention and do what she asked of me, which was fair enough as I was ignoring her all because things kept going bang. If Auntie tries to sleep downstairs at night, I torment her to make her go upstairs to bed, but Mummy wasn’t having that last night either and she kept making me lie down and behave. Today, we did lots of obediency things on my walk so I showed her that I get the message by walking beautifully on the lead on the way home.

Now Auntie is hoovering so I have to go off and attack the hoover.

Regards to all,

Bruce xxx

No comments: