About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

New Friend




Hello everyone,

I have still been being a bit of a naughty boy but Mummy has still been nice to me. I have seen lots of my friends so it has been a good week. I saw Belle and Dylan – Dylan is getting big now. He gambols around for a while and goes woof woof woof at me then collapses in a heap for a while which apparently is very Basset Hound. Belle flirts with me all the time and jumps around my feet and play bows at me. She’s a bit young for me but I don’t mind the attention. I have also spent time with my friends Juno and buster and today, I made a brand new friend.

Me and Mummy had seen this lady with her little brown dog and we had always gone away from them as the lady always sounded worried. Well, today Mummy couldn’t take me away because the farmer was spraying the fields for the third day running and she can’t walk near the spray because it sets off her asthma. Max, who is a Scottie cross Bichon cross Jack Russell, had a little bark and a little growl at me but I didn’t take much notice, just muttered at him when his teeth got too near to my face. The lady looked very relieved and said that a lot of people dislike the way he behaves and don’t wan their dogs to talk to him but Mummy told her that I was just the same at that age (and still can be sometimes) so we all walked together for a while. I ow officially have a new friend and he is called Max.

Mummy and Auntie have been very stressed and a bit grumpy. Auntie Judy came over on Friday and that didn’t help. The news on the Mother isn’t good. Apparently, when she went into hospital to have water taken out of her (Mummy says it’s called offloading and is done with something called diuretics), the doctors discovered that she was on tablets that would have killed her if she had taken the whole course as they were damaging her kidneys. Now she is off of them but couldn’t have the offloading and is back at The Home, but now she may have a blockage (where she can’t poo and her food can’t go…um…down) and also she can’t stay at The Home any more and will probably come back to this area, which makes My People very unhappy indeed as they don’t feel safe and also because it means that when she gets sick she will go to Mummy’s Hospital and last time that happened, it was Bad.

Also, Auntie Judy wanted to look at Mummy’s Daddy’s Ashes Box and that made Mummy very sad….

I have worked hard to cheer my people up and have been a good boy apart from when I ran off and ate something Secret and was sick all that evening. I keep jumping in ponds and shaking myself all over Mummy. She calls me a Horrible Dog, which I think is very funny.

Regards to all,

Bruce xxx

No comments: