About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Ups And Downs



Hello!

Apologies again for the lack of weekday blogging – because of Mummy’s burned face (which is much better but she has to keep it out of the sun for six months), we have been having evening walks. In the afternoon, she won’t come up here to type out my dictation (!) because she won’t leave me when she has just got home from work, and in the evening she walks me and then cooks the tea and spends time with Auntie so all round, she doesn’t get up here to do this for me.

Mummy is feeling a bit delicate this morning because she and Auntie drank rum last night and had a curry to relax. They are both a bit stressed and fed up and it was the last one of a programme they have been watching so they decided to kick back. Today, Auntie has gone to work so Mummy doesn’t want to stay upstairs for long.

As usual, we could not believe a word Auntie Judy says. The Mother is moving to Our Seaside after all and my people are very upset. They don’t know whether to be stubborn and go there and hope they won’t meet her or to give up and go somewhere else. I am part of their worries as I don’t cope well with new places but I also don’t cope well with stressful situations and meeting the Mother would, I am told, be very stressful – Uncle Benjamin used to bark and bark at her to go away and he was a very sociable dog with lots of friends, Mummy says –The Mother must have done something very bad indeed to make him act like that!

Last weekend, my friends Auntie Tracy and Uncle Steve came over for the afternoon. I was feeling a bit fuzzy-headed and so was Steve but we had a nice afternoon. Auntie Tracy had some good news about a training place she wanted and has got so we were all happy for her. I got over excited and jumped up at My Auntie and accidentally put my mouth round her boob – I don’t know who was more surprised, me or her! My people say that those things get in the way of everything anyway…

Mummy went to Auntie’s work the other day and met The Man Who Upset Her. Mummy was polite to him but she says that he was squirming in his chair and getting smaller and smaller. If you have upset my people, Man, then be afraid, be very afraid…

I have a brand new Frisbee which flies a long way so that makes me happy. And my Mummy has gone back to the ward which isn’t so heavy so that makes her happy. Now we just need to make Auntie happy!

Yesterday, My People were meant to go the cinema but Uncle Ricky couldn’t go so they are waiting till next week. They went and got their hair cut instead and brought me back my new Frisbee and some munchies. Yum!

I hope you are well and hope that my friend Hugo the Elder is still alive and well,

regards,

Bruce xxx

No comments: