About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007



Hi all,
Bruce is driving me crazy! He had a couple of fits over Easter (should have known better, I had visitors and then we had a couple of extra long walks with a new friend - too much change equals at least one fit guaranteed) and he is settling down now but he is SO clingy! He is following me around the whole time and if I do have to go through a door without him (he's not allowed to do stairs and the loo is up there) then he is lying against the door when I come back and I can't bloomin' open it! He is pacing and pacing at night and on and off during the day, his latest 'craze' is for trying to escape, he keeps sniffing everything and nudging me with his nose then standing there and breathing and drooling on me....

I know I shouldn't moan, when he comes out of fits and is still well and still Bruce I thank God, I really do, but this is supposed to be my relaxing week off - the good side is that I am here for me when he needs me, the bad side is that I am not as patient as I would like to be and though I don't take it out on him, he's driving me nuts!

Thanks for listening, I just needed to let off steam!

Bruce's Ma xxx

edited to say please don't think that I don't care, I'm actually quite worried about him and we will have to take him to the vet (stressful and can start a fit in itself - catch 22) if he doesn't settle soon, but I'm just a mere mortal and my patience can wear a little thin...but I love him so and I'm grateful to have him. I guess this is the reality of having an epileptic dog...

No comments: