About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Atishoo!



Hello again,

A week ago, Auntie Geri and my Melody came for a walk. Auntie Geri introduced us to a whole new walk that my Mummy had thought was on private land so we had not gone there before. We walked across an abandoned airfield where, Mummy says, planes used to take off in wartime. It has been warm and dry here and it is very dusty over there, especially as there are gravel workings right next door blowing dust up behind the lorries. Mummy says it is like walking in Greece when she used to work for a guide book and go exploring out there. She says that she would love to take me and Auntie out to Skiathos to live but that that is just a dream…

It was lovely being with Melody but she was a bit skittish. She yanked the lead out of Geri’s hand at one point and went chasing bunnies and got her paws all cut up – she is much more delicate than me, and gets cut easily.

I was lucky enough to see Bella and Dylan several times in the week, and then Mummy took a day off work on Friday and I had another lovely walk up the airfield with my Melody – we posed for a couple of pictures on the way home so I have asked Mummy to put one on here for you to see.




Auntie came home late on Friday and she had had five pints of cider! On Saturday, she and Mummy were taking on the doorstep about Auntie’s carryings on and the rum came out and both of My People got sozzled. Disgusting!

I kept sneezing over the weekend and felt a bit grotty. Mummy said that it was ‘man flu’. Cheek! I feel a bit better today.

Mummy grooms me all the time but I kept getting itchy so she had a good go through my fur and was upset to discover that the brush and comb she uses were not having much effect on my undercoat and some of it is starting to mat. She is sending ages going through my fur with an undercoat comb now which I don’t mind because I get lots of praise and treats for being a good boy plus it’s undivided attention, which is always good.

My People are a bit upset because the Mother might be moving to their favourite Seaside so that means that we can’t go there any more. Mummy said “Never mind” and declared that if The mother moves to the Seaside where we go, then that means she won’t be at The Seaside where she currently moves so we will go to that one instead – and that one has better shops and takeaways so that’s ok.

I hope you are all well,

Regards to all,

Bruce xxx

No comments: