About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Get Better Soon Mummy




Hello

My Mummy is feeling proper grotty today and doesn't want to walk me. I'm sure she will gather the strength to take me a little way. When she feels poorly, I don't ask her to take me any further than she can manage and I turn her round if she tries to go further, but it is nice to get away from the house and do some sniffing once a day. In the evenings, if I didn't go far on my walk, we go down the garden and I chase my ball and woof at cats. I enjoy that.

Also when Mummy is poorly, I lie next to her when she lies on the couch and i nuzzle her and hold her hand with my paw to comfort her. Sometimes I climb up and share the couch with her - it doubles as her bed as she sleeps downstairs with me in case I have a fit. And sometimes I sneak up there anyway and then she calls me a horrible dog but I don't mind because she says it fondly, like a compliment.

Uncle Ricky came over yesterday. I like seeing him. He plays with me and plays bongo-butt on my bottom. We are having warm, sunny weather at the moment so Mummy puts the budgies and the guinea pigs outside and we sit out there with them. Our new neighbours, Auntie Step and Nes and Skye all come out and Mummy and Auntie talk to Auntie Steph, who they think is funny, and I go over to the fence and stand nicely so that little Skye, who is only one, can stroke my fur. She has learned to say my name now and waves at me and says 'hiya'. I like her. I am a good boy around children. I stand still and let them stroke me.

Mummy won some Encona Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce sachets the other week in a Facebook competition and she put some up for auction as part of Darcy Deerhound's Party On The Web, http://darcyswebparty.proboards.com/index.cgi which was held to raise money for research into osteosarcoma, which was what My Melody got. Mummy found out about it on dogpages which is a rescue forum where you can look for a rescue dog or chat to other dog people about doggy issues - Mummy goes on there to talk about epilepsy and tries to help other people whose dogs have got what I've got.

I send my regards,

Bruce xxx

No comments: