About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, April 11, 2011

It's Me!


Hello everybody, Bruce here.

So much has happened since I last spoke to you. Auntie Angie had some very big problems and then she disappeared last year. I have been into her house many times to look for her and I have seen all the rest of her family but I think she has gone forever. Mummy says she has died and is All Gone.

That makes me sad.

The Judy sent my Mummy to Coventry which apparently doesn't mean she has to go away (phew!) but that she isn't talking to her. By the time she wanted to talk to Mummy again, Mummy realised that she was much happier not talking to her - she was certainly much more calm and had stopped being so cross at times - and so Mummy doesn't speak to her now. Things have improved a bit with The Mother though Mummy still doesn't see much of her, but when she does, she doesn't come home all angry and talking and talking any more.

My Auntie was made redundant from another job last year and stayed at home with me for a while, then did a couple of jobs for a few weeks and then got the job she is in now. Uncle Ricky had lost his job and came to see me lots for a while and he became a much calmer and happier person too. Now he works where Auntie works but he is still calm and happy and has kept off the weight he lost when he was out of work and going for long walks all the time.

Mummy is OK. She hasn't been well recently and went to the hospital for an operation and came home really really tired and then got sick and even more tired. She is still off work now but I think she is going back next week. I have liked having her at home and I will miss her very much indeed.

My Melody got lame and sick at the end of last year. One day, a couple of weeks ago, she tried to chase a bunny and then stopped and screamed with pain and then I never saw her again and Mummy says she is All Gone like Auntie Angie. That makes me sad too. I have two of her beds and one of her toys and I didn't like them at first but now I have got used to them, I like them.

I have been OK. Mummy says my epilepsy is worse because my fits come in clusters of 5 or 6 over a few days and I pace a lot in between but I don't really remember anything about it so it doesn't bother me. I have to go to see the vet this week for them to talk about my tablets. I like going to the vet, especially to see Alan as he is always so nice to me and tells me I am handsome.

I am enjoying the Spring weather and sitting out in the garden a lot. Since Auntie Angie went, her daughters went to live with their Daddy. Their Guineas Pigs stayed with us for a while and then went to their new home, but they come back and stay with us in School Holidays. They arrived today and they are in a run in our garden and their Daddy put one of MY toys in there for them to play with. I am not impressed. One of the Guineas is called Rainbow and she likes me and follows me around. I like to sniff the Guineas and they sniff me.

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed this update,

I send my regards,

Bruce xxx

No comments: