About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Not So Good, Al

Hello. Mummy here again. Melody's Mum has been everso brave and positive and has come for a couple of walks with us to help Brucie to understand that Melo has gone. He has got the message now but that's not necessarily a good thing as he is so sad and has had three fits in the last few days. Now the vets want to see him but I'm not risking taking him in while he's still fitting so after this cluster has finished (God willing), than I will take him in. He has to have a medication review, which is a legal requirement and possibly a blood test, which I'm not keen on. He can't have any more medication without it making his back legs too wobbly and I don't really want him to have a liver function test as what's the point? If the phenobarbitone is harming his liver, there's nothing we can do. He has to have it to control his fits. He can't have less. It's all about quality of life for Bruce, not quantity.

And it hurts me so much to say that as I want him to live for years and years....

Anyway, he has perked up a little this evening and wants to play ball and can't understand why I'm telling him to stay quiet. He yawns at me to let me know that's boring. Cheeky dog!

Hopefully Bruce will feel up to writing again soon. He sends his regards,

Mummy xxx

No comments: