About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sylvia and General Thoughts




We saw Sylvia yesterday. I like Sylvia - she has always made a fuss of me and said how gorgeous I am and often has gravy bones in her pocket especially for me. Sometimes, when she hasn't, Mummy slips her a bit of Schmacko and she gives me that instead and we all pretend she had it in her pocket in the first place.

Sylvia used to have a German Shepherd Dog before me, and he was called Rommel. Mummy says he only got to my age and then got really slow and stiff and could only walk as far as the smallholding and back and then he went All Gone like Melody. I am lucky (God willing) that I cans till run and play.

My poor Mummy is ill again - her infection is back and she is taking horrible tablets again. This means she can only manage very short walks with me which I don't mind so long as I get a good game at home. Yesterday, she threw the ball for me lots in the back yard and then I was tired. I like it when she hides the ball in the pampas grass and then I jump up and find it. I pee on the pampas grass too and walk round and round it in circles. The mud near it is flat and all the proper grass is gone and the pampas grass is ruined. Mummy says she will never have a nice garden as long as she has me!!!

Auntie Angie's son is going to sort out the little problem that Mummy got shouted at over and I am hoping he will come to see me because I like Ashley. I hope seeing him doesn't make me feel sad like I did when I saw the girls. I do know that Auntie Angie's gone but I still get the urge to go in her house and look for her, and when I go to the door, it makes Mummy sad.

I like it when the Guinea Pigs come to stay. Rainbow has made friends with me and she even comes and eats her food in her cage next to me when I have my dinner and she says 'weep weeep weeep' to Auntie and asks for food when I get fed, which is funny because I don't think she would enjoy my food! I did try one of her carrots earlier. I used to like carrots and apples when I was a puppy but I didn't fancy this one. I like the apples off our tree when they're small and bitter. I like to chew on them and Mummy says 'yuk' and isn't that sour?'

We have been sitting out in the garden lots while Mummy has been off work. Mummy says she will go back to work with a suntan and they'll all think she's been skiving!!! She says she might have to have an operation to get herself sorted out which means she will have to stay away from home for two days. I don't like that idea. She has never left me overnight or even for more than a few hours. I'm sure Auntie will look after me very well, but it will be strange. It does, at least, however, mean that Mummy will be home for another bunch of weeks while she recovers so like Mummy says, there is some good in everything (well, almost everything, she says), if you only look hard enough.

I still don't see what's so good about Greek music though. Mummy has it on the computer all the time. And American Idol - why do My People like that so much? They said it was shocking that Pia went last week but the result was right this week. I mean - who really cares? I certainly don't! I do like Classic FM though as that means it's Quiet Time and Mummy will rest and I will get a cuddle. When I had a fuzzy head the other week, Mummy put that on and she says it helped to calm me down. The magic of Quiet Time! Even the budgies know they have to be quiet at Quiet Time!

I send my regards and welcome to new readers from bloggers,

Bruce xxx

No comments: