About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Go Roger!



Hi everyone

I hope that you have not been worried about me, I am absolutely fine, it has just been soooo hot…..

Mummy and I have spent much of the last fortnight out in the garden lying in the shade with Wimbledon on the radio. Today, I got to go on a lovely walk with her and Auntie before they settled down to watch Roger Federer play Rafael Nadal in the final. They were very cross when Judy turned up unannounced. Auntie took me for a short walk with Judy and then Judy went away and my people were able to watch the rest of the match in peace. Now Auntie is watching the world cup while me and Mummy do this.

Two weeks ago, Mike the vet said that I could stop taking the extra tablet that was making me feel so funny and now I am back to my old self again,. This week I have chased the cats at the end of our row several times and on two occasions, I bust through their hedge and went into Sue’s garden and Mummy was cross with me. Tee hee. Today I proved that I can climb out of a ditch perfectly well again so my people were relieved about that. And so far (God willing) I haven’t fitted either so that is good.

Mummy tells me that Auntie Geri has a new dog, but I haven't met her yet. She is a rescue Greyhound so Mummy says I must be gentle with her or I will break her...

Last week, I met Emily and Troy over the fields and I had words with Troy and he had words with me so Mummy and Auntie Raye began to think that we would never get on, especially because the cheeky git bit my tail!! The other day though, we met again and I had a word in his shell-like (know what I mean, I am an Essex boy after all!) and he was forced to admit that I am older and harder than him so he showed me his tummy. Let’s just say that our relationship is 'work in progress' but there is hope so long as he knows I’m top dog (Well I am top dog except for Emily, who beats us both up if our language gets too strong!! And except for Mummy, who puts me on the lead and tells me to leave him and walks me away if I like it or not if I try to ignore her. Women!)

Tomorrow, I have a possible date with Emily so I am very excited. I love Emily.

Well, I hope this finds you all ok, and now the weather is a bit cooler and if me and Mummy can suss out that laptop thing, we will try to write more regularly from now on.

Today’s pic shows me just after a dip on a hot day – not quite as wet as the day me and Mummy got caught in a downpour and her t-shirt went see-through and a bus driver went past us and pointed at her and went "OOOOOO!!!", but it’s still a nice picture Mummy says, and she says NO, there are no piccies of her in the wet t-shirt!!!

Regards to all my friends

Bruce xxx

No comments: