About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

sneak sneak


I am sneaking on here while Mummy is at work to tell you that we also weren’t writing for a while because my people had family problems – my Mummy’s Mummy was sick and Judy was making life extra complicated (as always) so when Mummy had time to relax, she wanted to cuddle me and play with me rather than help me to write this blog.

Mummy’s Mummy has something called cerebral atrophy and her symptoms have got worse (Mummy says) and Judy finds it hard to accept that and keeps thinking that Mummy’s Mummy is having a stroke/kidney failure etc etc and taking her to hospital and frightening the family when really she is just deteriorating which is something that happens when you are old and sick…

Also, in the hot weather I wait until the evening for my walk and then I jump in the ponds and the pit and then Mummy can’t groom me and my fur got a bit tangly so Mummy and Auntie have been spending long sessions grooming me with a new special comb that takes out the tangles kindly and also as it has been grass seed season and I like to romp in the long grass, they have spent ages every day going over me and picking out seeds from my fur and from between my toes – Mummy calls it the hobby that never ends. I am a good boy and I lie quietly and only get irritated occasionally if a seed hurts me or a tangle pulls a bit and then I just glare at them or bash them with my nose or very gently take their hand in my mouth and remove it and place it elsewhere so I am a good boy really.

So all in all, my people have been too busy to keep doing my blog as well as too hot but we are going to try harder from now on, honest, as we have missed speaking to you.

Speak to you soon

Brucie xxx

No comments: