About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, July 30, 2006




















Hi

It is still warm and sunny but not so overwhelming now and there is a lovely breeze so I am feeling happier. Unfortunately I have been a little sick over the last 24 hours but I have perked up again now – don’t know what caused it, I’m always chucking up or pooping, the vet says it’s just GSD tummy.

Poor Mummy had to clean up the puke cos I didn’t make it outside so she wasn’t happy. She recommends the empty 10 pack Coke box for this purpose – use the tear up bit as a scoop and put the solid stuff in the box. Lurvely.

We met a couple in the wood yesterday who have a German Shepherd who is aggressive. Mummy asked the man what he does if the dog gets mean and he said he smacks him. Mummy asked him how he would feel if another man socked him one when he was feeling aggressive – would he calm down or feel even angrier? I think he got the point. She gave him lots of advice about positive training methods and suggested a good behaviourist. Now I know how poor Auntie feels when Mummy and other Mummies discuss what nappies she had or when she started to walk etc – it’s embarrassing, having to sit there while she talks about that stuff….

Mummy is still a bit unwell and Auntie has been sick too but they are both getting better now. Mummy says when I was sick I was just joining in!

This week, The Mother went to hospital with nothing wrong with her again and got sent back to The Home. Judy came over after that on the same day that someone had upset Mummy at work by sticking their nose in when she was talking about The Mother. Judy went on and on about The Mother too so Mummy wasn’t in the best mood by that evening.

Today, Uncle Ricky came over and they talked about Judy and lots of other things. Uncle Ricky has got a new job, which he starts tomorrow so my people are pleased with him and they are going out for lunch next weekend to celebrate (I hope I get a good walk first!).

Well, I have to go, as we are off to the shop to find some lunch that I won’t (God willing) throw up.

Wish me luck…

Regards

Bruce xxx

STOP PRESS: Mike the Vet has got MARRIED! And NOT to Auntie! Mummy says this is not fair as she wanted him for a son-in-law.......

No comments: