About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Friday, August 25, 2006

I'd Sure Like To Teach You A Lesson














I protest! I would like to make it known that my Mummy is MY Mummy and I don’t like sharing her!

Yesterday, Melody came on our walk. Auntie Geri was out for the day and Mummy had offered to take her with us. She didn’t consult me – harrumph! When we headed down the hill to Geri’s, I was very happy but my happiness turned to confusion when I realised that Auntie Geri was not at home. Melody danced all over the place when we went in (after Mummy called out to warn Cleo the cat that we were coming in). Eventually, Mummy got her to stand still long enough to get her collar on (by giving her some of MY Schmacko!!!) and we set off. I had to walk on one side of Mummy (the wrong side – which is the right) with Melody on MY side, which I didn’t think much of. Once we got over the fields, Mummy let me off the lead but she kept hold of Melody. Mel was really annoying her because she kept pushing against her leg or walking bang in front of her (she hates that) so she kept trying to tell Mel where she should be so I didn’t get much attention. It’s not Mummy’s fault, she did try and she gave me extra cuddles (she said my cuddles were the best) and she even gave me some of Mel’s kibble (which I ate – I normally refuse it when Auntie Geri gives it to me) to make up for giving Mel my Schmacko (I sniffed at her mouth angrily every time she got some). Mummy thought it was funny because when she asked Mel to sit for kibble, Mel said “Greyhounds don’t sit” but when she offered her Schmacko, she couldn’t sit fast enough!

Towards the end of the walk, Mel really shouted at Leo the Pointer while Oscar Pointer and I were talking nicely and playing ‘let’s pretend to stalk each other’ and then Mel went mad at a bunny and nearly pulled Mummy off her feet. She is amazingly strong for a bony dog! I was pretty fed up by now with her getting so much attention so I was happy to leave her at her house and go home and I barely left Mummy’s side for the whole evening.

Today I was left alone for a long time as Auntie had her last trip to Northampton (that job has ended now) and I decided to punish Mummy for yesterday. First I jumped in a muddy smelly ditch and shook myself all over her, then I ignored her when she called me, got buddies all in my fur on purpose and mumbled at her when she held my collar when a new dog passed by. I finished the walk by jumping back in the stinky ditch and getting filthy and smelly and then jumping on the couch TWICE – once at either end. Tee hee.

Now I have had lots of attention and cuddled Mummy for a long, long time, I am feeling better and I might think about being a good boy again. Mummy called me a rude name earlier so I think I have pushed my luck!

Tee hee.

My Mummy is home for two weeks now and we are going on holiday next week.

Hooray!

Regards to all my friends

Bruce the soggy doggy xxx

p.s. Mummy says the pictures aren't uploading tonight so she will try again tomorrow

No comments: