About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Poor Brucie, Seeing Pals, and Poor Mel



















Bruce isn’t feeling so good today so I am writing this for him. He has had an enjoyable few days but a couple of ailments have marred things.

He walked with Melody again on Friday and had lots of fun – Melody only briefly disappeared this time and I held Bruce’s collar so he couldn’t tell her off too much. The rest of the walk passed peacefully, then Bruce spent some time round Auntie Geri’s (thanks, Geri!) with Melody while I went to the doctor (I am unwell – I have a chest infection). Bruce behaved himself round there (cat Cleo wasn't happy to see him though and if looks could kill, Bruce wouldn't be here to speak to you ever again!). He was a good boy in the evening too, while Auntie and I watched the Big Brother final.

Unfortunately, on his way out for his last wee (or possibly before that, when he saw off a cat who thought it was going to go to the toilet in our yard while staring in our window – Bruce chased it off but his brakes failed and he skidded into the front gate), Bruce sprained his foreleg so he now has a sore leg and is feeling sorry for himself.

Yesterday, we tried a walk but Bruce was limping a lot and it poured with rain and we got soaked and it thundered which scares Bruce so all told, we gave up and went home. Later, my sister Judy came round for her birthday and even though she was rude to us and annoyed us a lot (as usual), Bruce seemed to enjoy her company- he is much more forgiving than his Mummy! Bruce was sick in the evening so he couldn’t have any supper so what with the sore foot and the puking, he was feeling sorry for himself and needed lots of cuddles.

Today, we decided to take him for a steady plod as his leg seemed a bit better but then we met Emily and Troy. Auntie Raye let them both off the lead and today was their best walk together so far – Troy now accepts Bruce as dominant to him and so now they can play without getting bad-tempered. There are lots of growls and slobbers and teeth baring which would look terrible to some people but it is just noisy play with no nastiness involved, which is a relief as I began to think the boys would never get along. I allow it so long as Bruce is polite to other dogs - it is permitted play only, and stops when I say so...

Later, Bruce's Uncle Rick, my brother, came round. Bruce loves Rick and plays with him and sits with him and tries to tell him how awful it is for him having to live with women.

Auntie Geri called me up to say that poor Melody has tonsillitis and is feeling horrible. She says puking can be a sign of tonsillitis in dogs, Bruce seems ok but he is a bit listless today and panting more than usual. I would expect him to be all silly after two days of short walks, but if anything, he is more sleepy than usual. We will keep an eye on him.

Bruce sends his regards to all his friends and says he will write again when he feels better.

Poor Brucie. He’s got a sore leg…..

Still, he has something to look forward to because we have booked a holiday at a place on the coast that Bruce loves going to...he will have to save up a week's worth of stories to tell you when we come back, but that's not for a couple of weeks yet.

Regards to all

Bruce’s Mummy

No comments: