About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Naughty Mel Then Poor Mel

















I forgot to tell you about the funny thing that happened on Sunday. We were going across a bridge and I was really happy because there was some water in the ditch (it had dried up) so I could paddle and wipe mud on Mummy’s legs as she climbed on the style….anyway, just as she stepped onto the bridge, Mummy gasped and whirled round, clutching the rail with one hand and her chest with the other, and then she burst out laughing. Floating in the water was what looked like a human hand reaching up towards us – Mummy has always thought that one day she will find a body (once she was so convinced that a tarpaulin in a ditch was a body that she called the police, and even the policeman thought it was a body at first, but it turned out to be just a tarpaulin with nothing in it). Well, this time she thought for a horrible second that this bloated grey-ish white thing was a real, dead hand – but it wasn’t, it was a surgical glove filled with water. Auntie fished it out in case it frightened anybody else while poor Mummy tried to recover!

Today, Mummy had done some good things at work so, even though she is still feeling poorly, she came home in a happy mood. Auntie Geri and Melody came round for us, and then we went for a walk. Melody charged off in the wrong direction once so I told her off, but then she charged off again in the wood and we couldn’t find her. Eventually, Mummy and Auntie Geri decided that Geri would turn for home and Mummy would continue on the walk so that hopefully, one would meet Mel, and then Mummy had barely walked six feet away from Geri when Mel appeared in front of her. I told her off big time, but she still wasn’t caught, then when Auntie Geri fell behind, Mel decided she had had enough of running around and let Mummy catch her. She had several cuts on her legs and Auntie Geri said she can’t keep going off the lead if she’s going to do that. I am glad that I have thick fur so protect me from the thorns.

Further on, Mel kept going spare at the bunnies and we had to keep stopping so that Auntie Geri could try to teach her not to go nuts at bunnies. I get fed up if we keep having to stop and if my friends do stuff wrong so I fetched a stick for Mel and gave it to her to try to distract her, then when that didn't work I gave it to Geri to see if it would help and Geri gave me a cuddle.

I like cuddles...

I think Auntie may be getting Mummy’s lurg cos she is sleepy this evening.

Angie has spoken to Auntie but still not to Mummy, by the way...

Regards to all my friends

Bruce xxx

No comments: