About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Slow Recovery


My Mummy is slowly getting better but she still isn’t right so I have not liked to ask her to come upstairs and do my piccies for me this week, and I don’t like to post without a piccy so I have kept quiet…

Have you missed me?

At the start of the week, I had not seen many of my friends for ages and I had disgraced myself when I saw Max. I have had a much better week this week. It started much the same – Mummy was still going to work feeling horrible and dragging herself around our walks, it rained a bit and we weren’t having that much fun. Mummy was worried for The Mother when we heard that her Auntie Peggy has died. Judy didn’t want to take The Mother to the funeral but Mummy said that she should as Mummy was very close to Auntie Peggy so Judy reluctantly agreed. My People arranged to send flowers as per Auntie Judy’s instructions, which was fine until Mummy saw the local paper and came home ranting to me about how stupid Auntie Judy is because she had got it all wrong – the flowers were going to the wrong place at the wrong time and more importantly, she would have got The Mother there half an hour late and missed the funeral!!! My People sorted it all out so that should smooth things for The Mother – who is now, apparently, saying that she doesn’t want to go…which Mummy says is typical and that you can’t help some people!

Poor Uncle Rick rang up on Tuesday night all upset because somebody has stolen his motorbike. Auntie had coffee with him yesterday and she said that it is funny how things work out because his workmates have all been really nice to him about it and now he is feeling happier in his work and might stay in the job after all…

On Wednesday, it was rainy and horrible. I dived through a hedge and caught a rabbit and Mummy shouted and shouted at me so that I wouldn’t eat it…and I REALLY wanted to. I would walk away a few inches from it and try to go to her, and then feel myself pulled back - then she’d holler again. In the end, I knew that she wasn’t going to let me have it so I reluctantly walked away. After that, she kept tormenting me by saying I had been acting like a real wolf dog and saying “I’m a real boy” in what she said was a Pinocchio voice. I didn’t think it was funny…

On Thursday, Mummy and I were about to go for our walk when her phone buzzed and she had a message from Auntie Geri. She and Melody came for a walk - it was brilliant to see Melody again and I ran and ran after her to try to round her up and was too tired even to be too scared of the fireworks in the evening! On Friday, Mummy scheduled an Annual Leave day to rest because she is so bored of being poorly. She slept really late – I tried to wake her but she cuddled me and settled down again so I cuddled her right back and snoozed too. When we did emerge, we met Auntie Raye and Emily and Troy. The People sat on the log and talked for ages so I mostly hung out with my Emily while Auntie Raye held on to Troy. It was lovely to see her again and I didn’t even mind when Emily gave my Mummy a kiss and cuddle – Mummy told me later that she had a kiss off Troy as well, but luckily for all concerned, I missed that because I was being with my Emily, who I love.

After another snooze, we went for an afternoon walk, and we saw Melody and Auntie Geri again – poor Melody had cut her foot while chasing a rabbit but she was still in good spirits. Auntie Geri is going to move into a bungalow that is just behind her old house – we are pleased because we were afraid that she would have to leave the village to find a new home. We had a nosy around the outside of the new place (she hasn’t got the key yet) and the lady from next door stuck her head out to see what we were doing. She ended up letting us into the back garden so while The People talked about gardens and decorating and boring things like that, me and Mel had a good sniff and a run around and decided that we can live with being there. I was a bit worried in case me and Mummy were moving there as usually if we go to an empty place, it’s a The Holiday place, but it was ok, we got to go home afterwards.

I don’t like all the fireworks that keep going off. Last night, Auntie was babysitting so it was just me and Mummy but she spoke kindly to me and I was brave.

Today, we had a lovely walk and I played with a great big Tree – there are a couple of video links here:
one of them is me playing with My Tree so I hope it works.

I hope you are all well,

Regards to all my friends,

Bruce xxx

No comments: