About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Sore Leg!




Brucie can't post today because his typing leg has been injured so it's Mummy here!





On Wednesday morning, Auntie took Bruce out to play Frisbee and when they got home, Bruce's leg was quivering. There was blood but Auntie couldn't see a cut on his paw so she figured it was just a nick and went to work. When I got home, I rolled Bruce on his back and the pad on one one of his legs was split in two. I booked him in at the vet, thinking we would just get it bandaged, and bless him, Mike stayed late to see Bruce especially, but he said that Bruce would have to come in on Thursday to get his pad stitched up properly.





Yesterday, I put Bruce in the doggy ambulance and wept as he went off down the road, all bewildered because he was not in the seat and I was not going with him. We had a horrible day without him and collected him at 6, when he was all doped up with Valium and wooing away and didn't like me at all!





Half way through the evening, he remembered that he loves his Mummy and today he is at home, still wooing, with his Auntie.





Let's hope he gets better soon!





Brucie sends regards





Bruce's Ma xxx

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Dear Bruce,
I hope you feel better soon. Your poor paw. Please let us know how you are doing as soon as you are feeling better.

Bruce said...

Bruce sends doggy smiles and grateful thanks. He managed to get his bandage wet yesterday when we were all distracted by trying to walk both him and Melody on the lead but his wound looks fine and he is much more himself today. Hopefully, he will be able to post for himself tomorrow.

Bruce's Ma xxx