About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

I Hate Fireworks!




Hello everyone

I am sorry to have gone quiet on you but I have spent most evenings this week on my Mummy's lap because there are so many fireworks crashing and banging and I HATE them!

Poor Mel cut her foot last week so she has to stay on the lead - by midweek, she was going crazy so Mummy suggested to Auntie G that Mel would hurt it more by kangarooing around the house than she would by having an on-lead plod so Auntie G brought her out. I kept menacing her because (a) I wanted her to come off the lead and play and (b) Mummy doesn't pay me much attention when Mel and Auntie G are there and if I am naughty, then she speaks to me. Mummy started doing little bits of training with me as we were walking along, like she does when it is just the two of us, and I liked that so I behaved myself a bit better.

Apparently the family funeral went OK and The Mother got there at the right time. She nearly behaved - her and Auntie J had a bit of a squabble in the middle of the service but it sounds like that is more J's fault than The Mother's.

Mummy has been reading about other dogs who like to lunge at new dogs (and some dogs they know) and now she keeps making me do things when a dog passes by. She keeps making me sit and lie down and sit again, which I like because I get a reward, or she makes me watch her - she kept saying "Watch me" and I didn't like that so now she goes "Look at me..." in a funny voice like the lady on Kath And Kim and then I look at her and she is pleased. She was most pleased with me, though, on the day of the sunset: Mummy wanted to watch a beautiful sunset and she had classical music on her radio and she told me that I wasn't to ruin her sunset. A strange Spaniel was approaching but Mummy had me on the lead and in a sit and she had her back to it and clearly wasn't bothered, and when I moved she told me firmly to sit and stop mucking about so I just gave a little rumble but hardly pulled her. Then Max went past us (he was with his Master and not his stupid Mistress who says "He doesn't like walking past him" and makes me walk past him, which Mummy says is out of order when she is the one with the young strong dog to do battle with (blooming cheek) and all that woman has to do is coax her ancient bag of bones along). Anyway, as you know, I hate Max (so does Mummy because he used to beat up Uncle Benjamin when he was old - Mummy says the fact that Uncle Benjamin used to beat up Max when he was younger is irrelevant as Max always started it and anyway, Uncle Benjamin never started a fight but he sure could finish one), but Mummy wasn't for moving so I had to sit nicely and just mutter under my breath so she could look at the sunset - so I did so, I was good, and she was very pleased with me.

Uncle Rick had an interview for a new job after all and it is a better job in a better place for more money so we all hope that he gets it. He also got a decent amount out of the insurance people for his stolen bike so he is pleased.

Mummy went to a fireworks display yesterday with Uncle Rick and Auntie Judy and she came home a bit stressed - I had been sitting with my Auntie so I was OK but I was glad that Mummy's lap came home and climbed aboard!

Well, I have to go as it is getting dark and the whizzbangs will start soon.

regards to all,

Bruce xxx

No comments: