About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Mummy




We have had an eventful few days. On Thursday evening, Auntie baked a cake to take to work and Mummy bought some cakes to take to hers and nobody bought me a cake so it wasn’t fair. On Friday, Mummy had quite a nice day at work though she said it was very hot and very heavy, and Auntie was a bit emotional because it was her last day. In the evening, Mummy walked me to the vet and I had my yearly injection and the nice locum lady vet (called Ruth) looked at my sore eye and gave me some eye drops – only after she put some stuff in my eye that made it go bright green and gave me bright green tears and bright green…erm…nose moisture (!) so Mummy said I looked like a werewolf and Ruth said I was a radioactive werewolf! I didn’t appreciate that!

My people also spoke to Ruth about my wobbly back legs which I have had since my tablets were put up and which I don’t like very much because I keep falling over and I can’t do stairs. Ruth said to give it a bit more time and talk to Mike the vet in a week or so. Mummy says I can’t carry on like this because it isn’t fair on such a young dog so we will see what happens.

Auntie and Mummy and I all walked home across the fields and we were very tired so they had pizza (they tried a new one called Pizza Del Sol and I tried some too and it was lovely) and we all went to sleep.

Mummy got up early yesterday and walked me and she had Auntie and I all had a nice day. It was Mummy’s birthday so she had presents and she and Auntie went out in the evening and Auntie Angie came round here and looked after me and I was a good boy for her and no trouble. Uncle Ricky was meant to go with them but he was late back from his holiday so Mummy let him off. Now she wants to go out again soon so he can come with them which isn’t fair. I don’t like it when my people leave me if they don’t have to.

Today, Uncle Ricky came over and he and Auntie talked about the work situation and he gave Mummy her birthday card (her present is on order because he couldn’t find what she wanted in Slovakia as there was nowhere to buy it from!) and then they looked at his holiday photos. Mummy says she really misses going to Greece, more and more these days but her and Auntie will never leave me so they won’t go while I’m still here – and they told me today that I have to live forever and never leave them so I will try to do that!

When Uncle Benjamin died, Mummy bought a rose plant to put on his grave but it kept raining and raining and she never planted it. She put the plant out in the garden over the winter and thought it would die but in the spring, the plant started to grow so she put it in the garden in my run. Now it grows – I have killed all the other plants in that garden but Uncle Benjamin’s rose still grows and when my people have a birthday or a special day or a very stressful time, the rose bush always grows a beautiful yellow rose. Mummy says that uncle Benjamin sends it – the rose bloomed for her birthday and it smells beautiful and she is pleased.

Tomorrow, Auntie goes to Northampton to find out about a temporary job which she can mostly do from home but sometimes she will have to go up there for a day. Mummy says that if this becomes a career, we could move up there. That would be an adventure!

We have had a nice sunbathe today and now Auntie is making a treat sausage pie – if I play my cards right, I might get some. Sausage is my favourite thing ever!!!

Tomorrow, Mummy’s friend Tracy the Tree Hugger is coming round. She might even be a new Auntie, you never know…

Oh just heard she isn't well and isn't coming. Get better soon Tracey, hope you canc ome over leater in the week.

Regards to all my friends

Bruce xxx

No comments: