About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Wimbledon Weather



Hello everyone

Last week my Mummy had a week off and the weather was warm and sunny so we didn’t want to come upstairs to the stuffy computer. Auntie is working from home now and she is up here all the time and the room gets hotter and hotter and hotter so it is like a sauna (Mummy says) in the evening so we don’t go there. Today, however, Wimbledon started so naturally it has cooled down and rained so it is alright to come up here!

It was lovely having my Mummy home though it is very confusing that Auntie no longer goes out to work, she just disappears up here for hours on end and talks to people on the telephone instead. On Tuesday, Mummy and Auntie Angie went out to the spa – they were gone for ages but they came back looking very happy and relaxed and then Mummy was in a very good mood, especially as England did OK at the football that night.

I was a lucky boy last week. One day, I went for a walk with Troy and Emily. I kept having words with Troy and Mummy kept telling me to leave him, Usually, ‘leave’ doesn’t last long as she says it and keeps me by her while other dogs walk past, but this time she wanted me to keep on leaving Troy and not chase him away from my Emily. I didn’t like that and kept trying to go back to him so she put me on the lead, which wasn’t fair. Mummy said to Auntie Raye how it’s a shame that Emily doesn’t play with me any more and the next day, Raye decided that just her and Emily could have a walk with me as it would be a treat for Emily (and for me!!) and that was lovely – we had a little play and plodded along together (like an old married couple Mummy says) while Mummy and Raye talked about Big Brother. That made me happy.

We had a nice weekend, sitting in the sun. Yesterday, we met the posh people from the big house. They had lost their dog so Mummy said she would call them if we saw him but then they all spotted him on the horizon so we didn’t have to worry. My Mummy and Auntie always try to help people if they can…

Mummy has been fretting about my wobbly legs so she and Auntie rang Mike the Vet today and he said I can reduce my tablets to the old level so hopefully I will get my legs back soon.

Today I joined up with Buster the Collie and Little Bruce the Staffie for half my walk and we had lots of fun chasing each other. I tried to teach Little Bruce how to paddle in a stinky pond but he didn’t want to do it. When Mummy slipped over, climbing out of a ditch, all three of us dogs went to help her which she thought was lovely.

Tomorrow, Mummy is taking one more day off while Auntie goes on one of her trips then she is back to work properly. She was all smiley before she went back there but she has found her frown again now. That’s a shame…

I hope you are all keeping well,

Regards to all my friends

Bruce xxx

No comments: