About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Back Where I Belong


















On the Friday, my people didn’t want me over-excited because I had a fit during the night. It was only a short fit, but I paced a lot so none of us had a lot of sleep.

When we went to our beach at the other end of The Holiday, the tide was very high indeed. Even at the end of The Holiday, the beach was very small indeed – I forgot to tell you yesterday how the water came up and wet my people’s things and their clothes (tee hee) so on this day, they put their things up on the sea wall. The water was so high and so rough that I was frightened and my people decided that I wasn’t to go in so we just played on the beach. Even Mummy, who is a strong swimmer, was frightened and only went in a little way. We soon decided to go and sit on the grass behind the sea wall and watch the waves for a time – as you can see from my picture, I was still a bit nervous even from a safe distance!

We had a nice walk up to the ends of the cliffs and we were out for a very long time. In the evening, we went down town to get some food and the local gang of teenagers were all looking at me and one of them said that he expected me to talk to him – well, I would if he spoke my language, my people understand me!

As the weather was so beautiful and because I had had that fit and they didn’t want me to have to travel right away, Auntie arranged for us to stay an extra night so Mummy was pleased. That meant that we were there to see the very high tide and the extra barriers that the council had put up to keep the sea from flooding The Holiday and also the special wooden barriers that people had put on the fronts of their Beach Huts. We had a very very long walk that day and my people took a packed lunch with them, which I helped them to eat, plus some goodies for me. We were out for six whole hours and we were all very tired in the evening.

When I went out for my last wee, the flares went up for the Lifeboat and frightened me so much that I bolted. Mummy was getting dragged along behind me and she wouldn’t let go of my lead because we on top of a cliff so Auntie had to grab her hand to stop the two of us.

Sorry, Mummy…..

On the Sunday morning, Mummy took me down to the beach for a last play and she was very sad to be leaving. She thought that I was sad too, but she found out the truth when we got back to the flat. She was talking to Auntie when I made a lunge for the door because I had seen who had arrived through the net curtain – outside the flats stood the taxi driver from last year’s Holiday and that meant we were going home! I couldn’t wait to jump in the car! I was a very good boy on the way home but I did sniff a lot and wanted to get out of the car when we got to my fields and my walk!

When we got home, we went the field way to the shop and we saw Emily and Troy and then we talked to a little Jack Russell called Bonnie who was showing me her tummy and it was really nice to be home!

So that is it, the tale of this year’s Holiday. I hope you have enjoyed it.

Today, my routine all changed. Auntie was here in the morning and she took me for a walk with Auntie Geri and Melody and then she went out and she and Mummy didn’t come home until mid-afternoon. Auntie was pleased because the doctor man agreed to do an operation on her eye that she has been wanting so that her eye won’t be wonky any more. We had a little walk all together and now we are all home together, which is how I like it….

Regards to all,

Bruce xxx

p.s. edited by Mummy to say Blogger won't let her load the pic tonight so she will put it on tomorrow.

No comments: