About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Second Day



















On the first proper day of The Holiday, I was a little sick at the start of the day. The smoke alarm kept quiet overnight (thank goodness) but as soon as Mummy stumbled into the kitchen and put the kettle on, it started to peep frantically. It would peep and peep and peep and then go quiet for a bit and then peep even faster, especially if anyone walked under it. Mummy said it was haunted or had a personality or something as she thought it was being sarcastic!

Auntie was dressed already so she went and got the lady while Mummy stayed with me. The lady came round but she couldn’t shut the stupid thing up either. She offered to stay up the step ladder and hold it until her husband was due back (in a couple of hours!) but my people said that was silly so the lady suggested that they should take me out because the nose was hurting my ears. Mummy took me down to the beach and we had a bit of a play and a bit of a cuddle and a bit of a sunbathe and it was nice. I drowned my Frisbee in the sea and Mummy was cross with me. We got bored after that and went back but it was still peeping. Mummy offered to swap with Auntie but she said that I wanted my Mummy and would pull her (I do pull her) so Mummy and I went out again. This time, the tide had gone out some more and the sea had very kindly returned my Frisbee so we played with it some more, and Mummy was pleased.

A nice lady was sitting on the sea wall and Mummy was standing on the sand looking up at her when Auntie appeared and I stood on my hind legs to see her and tried to see if I could jump up the wall and almost fell over backwards and frightened Mummy. Auntie thought it was funny that my Frisbee had returned and we played with it a while, then had an ice cream and then went to the shop.

I made it plain to my people that a long play on the beach is NOT a walk and I expected proper walk too so, in the evening, we walked along the top of the cliff to the next village and mummy told Auntie stories of the dogs before me and how they would behave when she brought them there. I met a pretty German Shepherd Girl who I quite fancied but she growled when I got a bit familiar so that was me told…

Auntie was laughing because I couldn’t wait to find some grass and mud to walk on because that is what I am used to – I’m a country boy! I couldn’t understand why the water was on top of the beach, where I wanted to play, and Mummy started to teach me that I must not go down the steps to the beach when the water is there and there is no beach.

And then I was tired and went to sleep….

No comments: