About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, September 17, 2006


















On the Thursday, we all had a bit of a lie in. The tide was very high that day so we had to walk up to the other end of The Holiday to find any beach at all. When we got there, we had a nice swim and a play. After that, we went off to the benches by the tower, but first we stood on an outcrop where the cliffs all crumble and looked at where they have been collapsing, but Auntie was scared so we didn't do that for long.

At the top of the steps, by the Tower, I had a Mini Milk and then we set off into the countryside for a walk, where I sniffed and sniffed and sniffed. We went to the end of the cliffs and there was hardly any beach even there but we found a little place to sit, but then two men came along with tents and fishing equipment and walked up and down behind us, then stood behind us, then stood on a high bit over us and Mummy was really annoyed – and so was I. Mummy asked me what was wrong and I gestured towards the men with my head to tell her I was fed up with them and she thought that was very funny but also agreed with me so we left.

That night, we went for an evening stroll and then Mummy and Auntie settled in the window seats to look at the moon on the sea. Mummy was already a bit freaked out because when she had a bath, the door kept opening and it wasn’t me, it was doing it by itself. Then, when they looked at the moon, there was a bit missing! Mummy called Uncle Ricky on the phone and he laughed and then called her back once he had discovered that there was supposed to be an eclipse that night and it wasn’t aliens or a bit of the moon missing as Mummy had thought…..

Then a third strange thing happened. Our accommodation was on a private track which narrowed to a footpath just to the right of our door, but as Mummy and Auntie were looking out at the eclipse, an armoured vehicle went past, all painted in camouflage paint and with a man in a camouflaged uniform driving it! Mummy called Ricky again and he said that they had been drinking but Mummy had only just started her second beer so she was sober – and the man was really there! We found the answer when we went out for my last wee as the big garden gates of our accommodation were open so the vehicle must have come from there, but Mummy had said things were getting very surreal for a while there.

Never did get an explanation for the bathroom door’s behaviour though…



We had a quiet walk today, just me and Mummy, and it was nice.

Regards to all

Bruce xxx

No comments: