About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

More Holiday...And Back To Reality



















On the Monday, it was a hot day. We decided to go for a long walk as Mummy said I could always jump in the sea if I got too hot so it would be alright. I was happy with this walk as there were trees and hedges and long grass and other dogs and lots of things for me to sniff and tiddle on. I had explained to Mummy and Auntie the previous day that a play and a trip to the shops is NOT a walk and I was happy to confirm (by cuddling them and grinning at them a lot) that when you walk somewhere with grass and sniffs and stuff, and then turn round and walk back, that is, indeed, a walk – especially if we get to stop and have a Mini Milk on the way (and a bit of their Cornetto if I’m lucky!)…

After what happened the day before to my Frisbee, Mummy bought me a new plastic one that floats. I like that sort as I can put lots of tooth marks in it. It is pink with a smiley face and it is mine.

Mummy was amazed at me because I was getting thirsty so I indicated to her and Auntie where I could get a drink – they kindly bring my bowl with them on walks at The Holiday (people at The Holiday place do leave bowls out for dogs to drink from but I prefer fresh water in my own bowl as the other dogs leave the shared bowls all salty with seawater and sand from their tongues). I knew that my people could go in the toilets at the ice cream café to get me a drink so I asked them to do so.

At the café place, we sat outside and a nice lady came over and was a fussing me and she said that I am booful, which my people thought was funny ‘cos that’s what they call me (the real word is beautiful, you know – like Mummy’s first dog, Beauty, but longer).

The tide was quite high. At The Holiday, you can either walk below the cliffs when the tide is out or on top of the cliffs when it is in – one time last year, Mummy got it wrong and we nearly got cut off and had to wade through the water to the steps to get to safety so she is more cautious now. We walked along the cliff top where all the green stuff is and then when we got to the end and found the beach again, I found some lovely stinky brackish water and ran in and Mummy was cross with me. Tee hee.

Mummy wanted us all to keep going as she could see corn fields and open countryside ahead. Me and Auntie were tired and hot though so we told her we wanted to turn round and go back and get more drinks and more ice cream.

We all went back to the flat and had a rest, and Mummy and Auntie played Duke Nukem on the laptop they brought with them (Mummy said she brought it so she could help me to keep notes for my blog so I would remember everything I have to tell you all, but her and Auntie kept playing on it as well). Later, we all went down to my beach and had a little swim and a paddle and when I got tired, I put the Frisbee away with my people’s pile of bags so that they would know I had had enough and they said I was clever and sweet! Which I am!!!

Mummy gave me extra tripe for dinner because I had done so much that day and then we all rested….

I forgot to tell you yesterday about Millionaires’ Row which was near our flat – Mummy was so impressed by these big posh houses which didn’t used to be there. She wants to win the Lottery and move there, but me and Auntie like it at home so now she says if we win the Lottery, we will have houses in both places and get the best of both worlds….

By the way, if anybody is wondering what has been happening this week, here is an update. We came home on Sunday and saw Emily and Troy. Troy was acting a bit funny so we didn’t walk together. I also got chatted up by a little Jack Russell called Bonnie who showed me her belly because she fancies me, and her owners were telling my people about their garden which is falling into a stream. On Monday, Mummy had the day off work. We walked with Mel and Auntie Geri and I was really pleased to see Mel and told her off if she went too far away, but then she vanished for a good few minutes Auntie Geri was getting worried. I knew that Mel wasn’t that far away and tried to tell Auntie Geri. I tracked Mel as best as I could and when she came back, I scolded her (my people say that us dogs should be praised for coming back but I prefer to tell off for going away).

On Tuesday, we walked with them again but I was in a mood because Mummy had been back to work. I have been showing off for attention and jumping in smelly ditches then shaking myself all over Mummy since we came home – it was great fun at first, because she would go “Urgh! You horrible dog!” but now she is ignoring me when I do it which is booooooring.

Yesterday, Auntie Judy came home from Greece and brought presents. She came and met us over the fields and I was pleased to see her. Mummy forgot to give her the present for The Mother so Auntie Judy is coming back tomorrow to collect it. She rang this evening to explain that The Mother’s health has got worse again and Mummy and Auntie talked in serous low voices and had Coke with the stuff in a bottle from Greece in it so things must be serious but I am always here to give them cuddles if they need me….

I will tell you more about The Holiday tomorrow,

Regards to all my friends…did you miss me?

Bruce xxx

No comments: