About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

I Hate Storms

















My poor Mummy has been struggling to sleep this week. on Thursday night, after she went out (when I was good boy and settled nicely for my Auntie, by the way, the friend who brought her home, a lady called Kathy, came in to meet me – I thought she was very nice and gave her a cuddle then lay down and chewed on my chew while the people talked – Kathy was a bit surprised by how big I am. After she went, Mummy couldn’t get to sleep and not long after she did go to sleep there was a big storm. I was so scared that I climbed in the cupboard behind the ironing board and garden chair and coats and Mummy pulled me out because she was afraid that I would knock things down and they would fall on me. I sat by her for ages and the storm was very loud so neither of us could sleep through that. Mummy did not look her best the next morning!

Before she went out, Mummy was waiting for news about The Mother, who had been to the heart doctor. When the news came, it didn’t really tell her anything as The Mother is having tests so they will know more after that.

Yesterday was quieter – no big rain, no storms. Mummy still gave me a decent walk even though she was so tired. The day before, we met Juno and I played too rough and had to walk home on the lead but me and Juno were very good dogs once we were on the lead and didn’t pull or grumble or anything. Mummy says she really wishes she could train me out of growling at other dogs when I play and she doesn’t know why I do it – trouble is, I don’t really know either, it’s just a kind of habit…

This morning, there was another loud rumble of thunder but it went quiet after that and has been a lovely day. My people went to a movie called The Devil Wears Prada. Mummy read the book a while ago so she was looking forward to it and she really enjoyed the movie. After that, my people took me for a fris (Auntie Geri’s birthday card got popped in on the way – happy birthday for yesterday, Auntie Geri!) and this evening, we are mostly watching The X Factor and I have been attacking Henry the hoover while Mummy was trying to vac.

Regards to all

Bruce xxx

No comments: