About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Yet More Holiday...and Troy and Emily!


















On the Tuesday, Mummy and I went for a long walk and Auntie stayed back at The Flat. We made some nice friends - we met a 7 month old Labrador puppy called Jack whose people got from the Dogs’ Trust as he had been thrown out on the streets and they had taken him in. Imagine being separated from your people…horrible…

We met a venerable old lady GSD called Abby, who was 9. She was like a short-haired version of me and I thought she was very beautiful. Her person said that she can be grumpy with other dogs and people but she was fine with us. He said she is an ASBO dog because he is supposed to keep her leashed and muzzled (How awful!!! Some dogs have terrible lives!!!). He said that he was out with her on the lead and a couple of Boxers came up to her and started a fight and she defended herself but because she hurt them more than they hurt her, their owners told the police and he is the one who got in trouble. That said, Abby was on the lead but she didn’t have a muzzle on…..

Further on, we met a couple of ladies who had five dogs between them – they had three German Shepherds like me (one short-haired) and a Golden Retriever and a Westie. I enjoyed trotting around with them and we showed the ladies how to get to the beach and then turned around and headed back and left them to their picnic. Mummy said it was nice to see me getting on so well with other dogs but that it was hard sometimes to tell which one was me!

On the way back to The Holiday, we walked along the edge of the sea and then we met Auntie, who was sitting on the sea wall. Mummy was laughing because I kept trying to take her to The Caravan Park, especially on the way back when I was getting tired, and also because I kept saving my poos until we reached the field near The Caravan Park, which is where I always used to poo last year. She was also pleased with me because I usually poo really near to the poo bin so she doesn’t have to carry my poo far.

I’m glad I don’t have to carry her poo about. I would eat it if she would let me though….mmm…human poo…..

We went back to The Flat for a rest and then we went back down to My Beach, where we found a new Frisbee that flies a very long way so I enjoyed chasing that. Another baby Labrador appeared, called Dolly, and she nicked my Frisbee and ran off with it but then she gave it back and we played for a while. I was pretty tired so we all went back and rested again and then I had yet another game of Frisbee and then went to sleep with a nice full tummy after I had had my supper.




On the Wednesday of The Holiday, we got up at Tablet Time. The tide was in but we found a bit of beach and all went in the sea. I was a bit frightened of the waves but Mummy and Auntie stood a few feet apart and I swam between them.

There were strange piles of rubble on the beach in various places. My people were speculating as to why they were there. They thought it must be something to do with the extra high tides that were forecast for the weekend of the equinox (Mummy said the tides were already higher and lower than usual). Halfway along our walk, Auntie bought me a new football that was covered in tennis ball material. Mummy said that it would take me five seconds to burst it but she was wrong – it took four! I enjoyed playing with it anyway so it didn’t matter. We sat on the beach at the other end of The Holiday for quite a while and kept going in the sea so I didn’t ask my people for a longer walk as I was tired. We played on My Beach later and a little girl called Millie joined us. She was staying at The Flats place next to ours and her people were not at the beach with her, which worried my people so they let her play with me and then walked her back to The Flats. On the beach, she kept trying to do training with me and my people kept giving me signals so that I would take notice of her, but I had already decided that I would be kind to her and take notice of her (though I kept telling Mummy with my eyes that I wished she would go away or that we could go back to The Flats) so Millie decided to teach Mummy all about how to train dogs, which Mummy found amusing. We were all very patient and polite to her though.

In the evening, my Mummy went out and left me and Auntie in The Flat but she returned with chips and a sausage for me so I forgave her.

I will tell you about Thursday and Friday on The Holiday tomorrow.












For now, I must tell you that I saw my Emily and Troy today and it went ok…sort of. Me and Troy only growled at each other for part of the two fields we walked round and for some of the time, we walked along ok. I wish he would realise that all because he lives with Emily now, that doesn’t make her ‘his’ and it doesn’t make him top dog. I’m the older man here and she’s my bird, right….

Poor Emily gets a bit torn and doesn’t know which one of us to walk with and which one to defend, but she got it right today and walked with ME and had a cuddle with my Mummy, which I allowed (as it was her). Later, I helped Mummy in the garden by shouting at the rake, which always makes her giggle. We had had a very long walk earlier (Mummy has forgiven me, I think, for finding a human poo and eating some of it on our walk. I didn’t come away when she called me until she stomped after me and waved her handbag at me in a threatening manner so she was a bit annoyed and called me a horrible dog!!! Tee hee!!!)

Auntie took me for my short walk while Mummy cleaned the bathroom, and then herself. The I had some lunch and a kip…

Well, I’m off to see who wins the Maria show.

Regards to all my friends

Brucie xxx

No comments: