About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Friday, April 14, 2006

Brucie is unwell


Bruce is unwell so I am writing for him today. I think all the excitement of the last few days has got to him. On New Year's Day the other year, the Christmas break all got too much for Bruce and he developed colitis and we had to go to the emergency vet because he was bleeding from his bottom. Well, last night he had me up many times in the night being sick and being ill from his back end, and this morning he did a couple of bloody poos so it looks like he has chosen a National Holiday to get sick again. We rang the vet but because we have no transport and the emergency vet is a couple of towns away, she said to keep an eye on him and take him to our local vet tomorrow. If he had got a lot worse, we would have taken him anyway but we are worried about his epilepsy because we don't know how much of his tablets he has retained in the last 24 hours and, as you will know from his post yesterday, Bruce gets over-excited when it comes to cars. That's why he pulled me over and I am so sore today. And the last thing we all need is for Bruce to get over-excited when we are in a taxi cab on a busy main road and start fitting...so he has stayed at home.

The good news is that he seems a little better - he hasn't 'been' for a few hours now and he is keeping water down. Hopefully he will feel able to speak to you tomorrow. If not, then I will update you.

Best wishes to all of Bruce's friends

A worried Mummy (and Auntie)