About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm A Bad Boy

















Well, you can't blame me. Some things just can't be resisted and anyway, serves them right for leaving me...

Ok, it went like this. The blessed birds were making lots of noise this morning and I asked Mummy to shut them up so she covered their cage with a newspaper and we settled down for a while, but then she got up to do my tablets then disappeared upstairs for a bath. I wasn't impressed by this, she is meant to come back down quickly and do Where The Puppy? with me. She had a quick breakfast then took me out for a short walk. We saw Alfie and had a little play and he jumped up and made her clean trousers dirty (Alfie is the adolescent Dalmatian who lives two doors away) and then we went home. I know what that means - a short morning walk on a Saturday means they are going out. Not fair. I had a reduced time with Mummy yesterday because of the buses.

They went to an Antonio Banderas movie called Take The Lead which Mummy says was not about a dog going for a walk, like it sounds, but about a load of people dancing. Thrills. She liked it though. She came home to me while Auntie went shopping. At the start of our walk, the farmer was spraying the fields so we went to the top path where all the oil seed rape is. Poor Mummy was struggling a bit and I kept hassling her because I don't like that walk (too many bangs). We were going to head for the woods but the farmer drove up the track with his spraying machine and Mummy said walking between two rape fields where he had been dripping spray would be a bad move so we carried on along the farm track. Once we were past the farm, she let me off the lead and I spotted something good in a ditch. I let her walk past it then sneaked back and had a really go-o-o-od roll - I was smiling and really enjoying myself, it was lurvely. Mummy went all red in the face and yelled at me to come out and she would not let me come near her for the rest of the walk. She said that rolling in a dead deer is a disgusting thing to do and I am a horrible dog! Unfair.

She kept trying to get me to go swimming in the ponds and ditches but I refused because I liked the way I smelled, and we had to wait over the fields for Auntie to come home with some shampoo before we could go home. This was ok because we saw Buster and his friend Bruce the Younger who is a Staffy and a cheeky so and so. I had a play with them and then they told off a kite and then we went home...and this is where the really not fair bit happens.....where I got tied up outside and washed. I HATE that!

















I have done lots of sulking but now I have thrown my ball and my honky melon at Mummy and Auntie and they played with me so I think they still love me.

Hee hee though because I still smell of deer a bit...

That's all for today

Bruce xxx

No comments: