About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, April 24, 2006

The Chief, A Bucket, And Lots Of Cuddles

























I have been a cuddly boy today. After the confusion of yesterday, I was almost pleased when Mummy got up to go out at her usual time - because that meant, hopefully, she would return at her usual time and then take me for a walk! I think her leg is getting better as she slept for most of the night (so did I. I was a good boy), and wasn't groaning too much when she moved about this morning.

Auntie and I enjoyed our morning walk. I am glad that she looks happier today. Last night, she and Mummy got a little moody with each other - Mummy says it's the anticlimax now the wedding has come and gone, and also that seeing what 'proper' families look like reminds them what they haven't got...but, having said that, they both actually like having a little family and I don't particularly like sharing them so I am perfectly happy with how things are.

Apparently when Mummy had her first dog, she was only a child. She had parents and siblings all living with her and she says that everyone joined in with telling poor Auntie Beauty what to do, and none of them would stick to the words that Mummy used and Beauty ended up confused - the example she usually gives is that they would say "Sit down", which I can tell you is very confusing for a dog - which do you want, a Sit or a Down?

When she got her second dog, my Uncle Benjamin, she had already got Auntie but she still lived with her parents so she had parents, siblings and a five year old all trying to join in with the training. Benj was supposed to be bought for Auntie, but he chose Mummy to be his Mummy and when she went away on holiday when he was a baby puppy, he waited for her and on the night she came home, he sat in a dark kitchen staring at the door waiting for her to come home. Quite right too, I get that: Auntie is great nowadays, but no self-respecting Shepherd wants to take commands from a small child!

When they got uncle Barney the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel for Auntie so she would have a dog her own size to train, Mummy's Mum took him over. Poor Auntie didn't get a look in, and when she tried to tell him anything, 'Mum' would say "Leave him alone, poor little man" and he would look at her all smug and not take notice of her.

Now that they have me, I know Auntie is glad that I take notice of both her and Mummy, and as it's just me and them in our house, they can teach me things their way with nobody to contradict them or to tell me things wrong. Mind you, when Uncle Rick and Auntie Judy come over, they can play with me too much or in what Mummy thinks is the wrong way and make me too excited so I want to use my teeth and then we all get told off, dog and human, for being silly...

When Mummy came home, I gave her a big, long cuddle because I was so happy that things were back to normal. She bought home a packet of funky pens for Auntie - one has blue feathers and a crown. Auntie says it for The Chief, because she was Chief Bridesmaid and wants to keep on being The Chief! Mummy also bought a bucket, which she is threatening me with (filled with soapy water: YUK!!!) if I roll in something really juicy and smelly again like poo or a dead fish or something good like that...

After that, we had a nice walk with Auntie Geri. This weekend, she did a course on crystal healing. She told Mummy all about it and she listened very politely. I kept nosing her from behind to tell her I was glad she was walking with me again today, but also I could tell that she wasn't going to keep quiet forever. Sure enough, she couldn't keep it in and she told Geri that she doesn't really believe in all that stuff, crystals, Reiki etc. It's nice that she and Geri can toss ideas backwards and forwards and nobody is offended if the other one isn't impressed by their latest discovery.

I just don't know why humans need such a lot of entertaining...

That's it for now. There is chicken cooking and I think it has my name on...

all the best

Brucie xxx

No comments: