About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Pond Dogs and Posing




Me and Ben had fun today! Mummy came home in a bit of a mood today. She wouldn't let me give her a kiss because she had peeked at me through the window and she knew I had just been cleaning my bum so she didn't want my kisses. Don't see why not...

She soon cheered up when we went for our walk. When she told me that we were seeing Ben again, I got all excited and kept rushing to the window to see if him and Geri were here yet and we ended up walking down to her gate, where I barked at her to hurry up! Ben was pleased to see me and Mummy and went all wiggly, funny little chap. Over Maureen's field, me and Ben posed for today's picture. We had a nice long walk again, all the way to the second wood. Ben went back into the wood after our people had come out and were walking away. Mummy told me not to worry so I went with them happily but when he came out, I gave him a good telling off for good measure. Later on in the walk, he got fed up with me shepherding him and asked me nicely if he could come back without a warning so I let him - well, I only muttered at him. Mummy said I'm like Grant Mitchell, I just have to let them know I'm hard....

Near the second wood, me and Ben found a really stinky pond so we both jumped in. Our people weren't very pleased with us, but Ben thought it was hilarious! They said they would put us in the pit on the way home but they were so busy yaddering away that they forgot so I jumped in the ditch and made my legs filthy to remind them - Mummy says she has to post an extra pic today to show you:



We got taken back to the pit and had a swim. Ben naffed off into the ponies' field and refused to come back because he didn't want to go home but I was a good boy and went back to my Mummy.

Mummy went in the bath when we came home but after she came out, something went bang so I climbed on her lap and now she says I have ponded her trousers so she's changed them. I think I may get a grooming tonight!

Boooo. Auntie has gone baby-sitting so she isn't here again. Perhaps I will get to see more of her over Easter. Mummy wants to see a movie on Saturday but that doesn't take too long and then she says I can have them all to myself on Sunday and Monday so that makes me happy.

Time for my tablets. Gotta go. I have one more day with Ben tomorrow and then he goes away.

Oh yes, Mummy says that because Geri climbed into a ditch especially to get this picture of primroses for you all (I kissed her on the head while she was down there! Hee hee), she has to put that up here as well because she is grateful to Geri and anyway, it's a good picture. Then, she says, she will go back to her one picture rule (or she will try. Mummy is always setting rules for herself, then changing her mind...)



all the best

Brucie xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again gorgeous Bruce, love the muddy paws!
Don't worry about the yukky tablets, they keep you well. I once fostered an adorable female GSD with epilepsy and she had no problems taking her tablets as I used to out them in that squeezy cheese stuff (Primula)to make them taste nice.

I assume you love cheese? All dogs love cheese! Get your mum to buy some for you to make the tablets go down better.

Keep writing the blog, you do it so well,

Love from Sue B and Hugo (elderly Lab cross)

Bruce said...

Hello Sue B and Hugo the Elder (great name!)

I'm onto that one! My people have wrapped my tablets in cheese, cream cheese, ham, cheese and ham, fishy, sausage, doggy sausage, other doggy treats... You would think that because I am a big boy with a big gob, that would be the end of it but I am a very cleever boy and I can lick all the 'licious stuff off the tablets and then spit out the tablets: every time. It's a skill...

Yes, I love cheese, and I'm not having it ruined by yukky tablets thank you!

Many thanks for your kind words and I send respectful greetings to Hugo the Elder

much love

Bruce Now brushed all clean: I'll soon fix that!!!)

Bruce said...

sorry I spelled clever wrong, Mummy says one of us is a doofus and it's probably her because she typed it for me (too early for me, haven't wee-ed yet)

Bruce the cross-legged

Anonymous said...

Hi again Bruce,

Get your mum to the PC then shut your eyes and don't read the next bit ..................

What you could try (works with Hugo) is to get the tablet wrapped in the squeezy cheese and put another bit of cheese on another finger and show it to Bruce, while Bruce is scoffing the first bit he has his eye on the next bit and should wolf down the first bit to get to the second.

Thats more conplicated to explain than do!

This will only work if you have a dog as greedy and food obsessed as mine!

Of course, GSD's are probably a lot cleverer than Lab crosses, so it may not work.

Love to Bruce xxx

Bruce said...

Thanks Sue B but we have been there and done that and Mr Genius Buns is on to us every time. But thanks for your advice anyway.

Bruce's Mummy x