About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, April 10, 2006

A quiet day


Mummy slept ok and I gave her a lovely cuddle as promised and she left the house smiling. She came home smiling too. When Auntie came home, they talked lots, but Mummy certainly seems happier than she did a few weeks ago. Oo, she must be happy, she's playing The Rasmus very loud - that either means she's happy or she's in a very bad mood indeed, and she looks ok so she must be feeling ok!

We didn't get to walk with Ben and Geri because Geri wasn't back yet from her meeting with a friend(Mummy says it's just occurred to her that it's funny they're called Ben and Geri, and she's going to order some ice cream for the weekend. I don't get it). It was nice, though, being just Mummy and me. At the beginning of the walk, we met Linda and Buster the mad Border collie type and me and him had a run around then me and Mummy went to both woods together.

Mummy had a good detective play on, on Radio Four, and so she was happy. She says it's pretty up the woods now it's all starting to spring to life - there are catkins on the trees and primroses on the ground and all the trees are starting to bud. We didn't sit down as much as usual though and we went a funny way home because Mummy said the farmer has been spraying the crops and this is (a) bad for her breathing and (b) bad for me if I drink from ditches, which I like to do.

I had kept clean all the way round the walk but I was miffed because Mummy hadn't let me in my favourite pond and anyway, I thought she had listened to her radio too much and not paid enough attention to me - so I jumped in the ditch when we were nearly home and got my legs all black. They call me Pond Dog when I do this and say I stink!

I quite like the smell myself...

We met some nice folks on the corner. The lady said how handsome I am and she bets I know it. They all say that. Of course I know it, but Mummy doesn't call me handsome, she calls me booful. She tells me that I'm booful the whole time. She says handsome belongs to Uncle Benjamin who was her handsome man, and now she has me I am her booful boy. I like the sound of that.

Mummy went off to the doctors again and came back with different things on her finger. She didn't want to do 'Where The Puppy?' when she got home. That's our greeting - she says "Where The Puppy?" and I jump up on the couch and she jumps up with me and then I sit on her and we cuddle and she rubs my tummy. But she didn't want to do it today because I am so muddy and smelly so I sulked at her. She went off to the kitchen to talk to Auntie but then she saw how I was sulking and doing my cute face and it worked! She did 'Where The Puppy?' after all so then I was happy and went to sleep with a smile on my face.

I like it when both my people are at home.

That's me for today. Today you can see a scenery pic or two as well as a couple of nice Spring pics of me that Mummy took at the weekend.

It's alright for me, dog...

all best

Brucie xxx





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bruce,

You are indeed very handsome, please keep writing - you do it so well.

Lots of love

Sue B
(The Mayhew Animal Home)