About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Still Naughty, Helpful Mummy, Weird Man



I was naughty again today. The day started well - we all had a bit of a Sunday lie-in, even the budgies, and my people had a leisurely breakfast. I threw my ball at Mummy a few times then paced and stared out of the window pointedly when they started up a discussion about the business they want to set up just when it was time for my walk (they did that yesterday when it was time for my walk and it won't do).

It was a lovely day so Mummy took the camera out. We went round the back of the pit but we took the path so we couldn't see my people's old house cos Mummy goes all moody when she sees it cos she didn't want to move and now the new people have done it up how she would have liked to and she is envious. She says to stress she is envious, not jealous - she is happy for them, just miffed cos that was what she wanted. But she says she is happy in our little house with me and Auntie and those folk haven't got me and Auntie so she is the lucky one...

I think she thinks too much.

I usually tootle along the path and head off towards the style and the hedgey corner where I can chase the bunnies, but today I ran down the bank. Mummy called me back but I gave a little skip and charged off anyway and stationed myself between two fishermen.

I don't think they were pleased to see me. They didn't say a word, or smile at me or anything.

Mummy came down the bank after me but I didn't go back to her, I jumped into the water. That ruined their fishing! She apologised to the fishermen a lot but they still didn't say anything. She told them I don't usually do this and I'm naughty this weekend and she doesn't know what's got into me. Then she called me again, but I decided I wasn't cming out. I soon changed my mind when she got all deep voiced and said my name really sternly - I thought it would be wise to come out then, and have my lead on. So I did.

She apologised yet again as she turned to lead me away and, at last, they said very grumpily "S'alright".

I don't think they meant it! Hee hee.

We went across the bridge and started heading across towards the big posh house on the edge of our village. There is a little copse over there behind an old bomb hole where sometimes people leave unusual food and Mummy worries if I eat it. There was a strange man sleeping there - he was sleeping on a blanket, had another blanket over him, and his boots off. I didn't like the look of him so I didn't give him a sniff. He just raised his head and glanced at us,then went back to sleep. Mummy thought this was odd as most people would speak in this situation.

There are children at the big house and Mummy said that if she had young children (or even now that Auntie is grown up), she wouldn't want some man, especially some weird man, sleeping at the bottom of her garden so we walked up to the big house to tell them about him. Mummy says they have done a lot of work on the garden and it looks beautiful now. I was just excited to be going somewhere that I'm not usually allowed to go. The nice lady at the house talked to Mummy and thanked her, and when we got to the top of the drive, the man of the house drove up to us in his big car and he thanked Mummy too and said that he had moved the man on.

The rest of the walk was fairly quiet. When we got home, my people sat outside and had a drink - Auntie had stayed home to do the gardening. Auntie Angie came out and said that some man had called up to say that he had got Mummy's phone. We didn't know she'd dropped it but we went round his house and he returned it to her.

That was kind.

Mummy says that there is a saying for this sort of thing. Some people call it karma but she says 'One good turn deserves another'.

I was naughty when Auntie was eating her lunch - I kept asking for some. I had a proper lunch today - cos I have been puking a bit lately, they had me on a soft diet but today I had my CSJ and I enjoyed it. But her chicken and potato diet pie smelled lurvely.....

M people say they can't understand why I am being so naughty lately and is it a rebellion because they tried to be extra strict? I don't know why I am being naughty,but I am having fun!

That's it for now - tablet time.

all the best

Brucie xxx

No comments: