About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rain and Cuddles


Yuk. It's raining. Mummy says that everyone says we need it because there will be a water shortage otherwise. It's funny, isn't it: my people are the same as me - we will happily jump into water by choice, in fact I have seen Mummy and Auntie swim and they swim better than me because they can dive down under the surface and I don't do that (OK, I'll stick my nose under the surface to grab my frisbee when I drown it, but that's my limit), but the funny thing is, if it rains on us or someone throws water at us, we don't like it!

Sometimes, I refuse to move when my family say "Excuse me". If I keep on refusing, they threaten to pour water on my head. I hate that!! On a couple of occasions, I have refused to budge and they did drizzle water on my head. It was horrible!! I nearly always move now if they ask me to, just in case they do it again!

I know I should move anyway, out of respect, but sometimes I like to remind them that they, women, are living with a man dog. Mummy says forget it, I'm still a boy, and anyway, tough luck, she is in charge. That's ok. I don't want to be head of household anyway...

I am very excited because I heard the two of them discussing our summer holiday. It looks like we are going back to the same place we went to last year. We had two trips there, and we had a lovely time. I was a bit unsure at first about staying in a caravan, but I soon got used to it and when we went back the second time, I was really excited. Walking on a sandy beach took some getting used to, but the really strange thing was the water. When I jump in the pit, the water is still and clear and nice to drink, but the water at the the holiday place tasted salty like my tablets and it kept moving and chasing me! If I paddled in, it would splash me on the backside! And when I stood and watched the big things that floated far away, the spiteful waves kept splashing in my eyes and made them sting!

I liked it at the seaside because wherever we went, lots of people stopped and said how gorgeous I am. Also, I found a girl dog to flirt with! She was another German Shepherd and I liked her.

I am looking forward to going back there again. I wonder if she will still be there...

Mummy came home in a good mood today, but then she spent ages standing at the sink and ranting about plasters - she says they call themselves waterproof and then they fall off at the first hint of water going anywhere near them.

Ben and Geri came on our walk. Ben kept going too far away so I kept going to fetch him. He said some very rude things to me, far too rude for me to translate here! I told him in no uncertain terms that he needed to walk nearer to the people, but he didn't listen so I had to keep rounding him up. One time, he got really far away, and I didn't know what to do because I wanted to fetch him back but then I would have been too far away from Mummy. I looked at her for help and she called me back to her and told me not to worry. I like it when she tells me that. She's in charge.

I have been in a cuddly mood today. If I get dry, I might try for another cuddle before bedtime. Auntie has to go round Claire's to try on her bridesmaids dress again so I will ask Mummy to play with my bouncy ball and hopefully, she will chase me. I like that game.

I hope you like today's picture. Mummy says there will be just one a day from now on. She says she doesn't want to spend her whole life looking at me through a lens, she wants to be able to relax and just enjoy me. That said, I am walking with Ben again tomorrow and Mummy might take some pictures if it isn't raining. We don't like rain..or ice, it ruins my puddles!! It has been snowing in the next county. Mummy says I look very handsome in snow. I like it when she and Auntie kick the snow and I chase it...or they throw snowballs at me and I catch them and they melt and then they laugh at me when I try to find them. I don't always like it when people laugh at me, but sometimes, like when we're playing, it's ok because we all find something funny and we enjoy it together.

speak again soon

Bruce xxx

No comments: