About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Yukky Bum


Hello

Brucie here! I am feeling a little better but I don't feel strong enough to write much. I have had a horrible few days and am still not feeling my best. I got Mummy up twice very early this morning and all day I have kept trying to go to the loo but...well, Mummy says it's still gravy. My appetite has returned a bit, though I still don't want my CSJ (dry food) which I know is good for me. I have been eating chicken and rice and a few biscuits and asking my people for their food but my proper food doesn't appeal to me.

I wanted to write to you all to tell you what happened to my friend Ben. He is a neighbour really, we can see each other through our garden fences and I haven't always liked him but he is ok now he's grown up and calmed down a bit (puppies get on my nerves. They give me a headache!) Poor Ben was playing with a stick and it injured his throat really badly and he had to go to doggy hospital for a week - a week away from your people, that must be awful... I like to play with sticks but Mummy says she's not going to throw them for me any more, I'll have to chase my frisbee instead. I suppose her and Auntie know best.

Apart from being ill, I have had a nice Easter weekend - I have done some sunbathing with Mummy and sat and we talked with the girls on the doorstep, and we saw several of my girlfriends, including Heidi and Blossom and also Juno, who was my first love. Juno used to go all wimpy and grovel on the ground when she saw me but now she stands and wags her tail and sometimes she even socks me round the face like Heidi does.

Women!

Well it is nearly tablet time so I have to go. My people said that if my poos don't improve by the morning, I will be going to see Mike the vet (Auntie likes him!). Mummy says she just wants a decent night's sleep and so do I. At least this way they won't be going off for their Jacuzzi and Sauna and they will stay with me hee hee.


Bruce xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Bruce is on the mend, its not nice when they are ill is it?

When any of my fosters had dicky tummies, our vets used to give me some probiotic powders which really made their poos firmer very quickly - can't remember what they were called but your vet might know?

Bruce looks very 'woe is me' in his pictures, sorry he looks so sad, maybe he is playing it up a little bit for sympathy!

Sending him my love and Hugo also sends best doggy wishes too,

Sue and Hugo xx