About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Funny Weather, Good Me (Nearly!)


It is sunny then it rains then it is sunny then it rains...

Mummy stayed home again today - she goes back tomorrow. I have enjoyed having her home and I will miss her. We had a lovely walk this morning - it was just the two of us: she had asked Auntie Geri if she minded if she went alone, as she needed some time with just her and me. I was a good boy and no trouble to her and the sun stayed out and we had a lovely walk. The one time that we did meet two other dogs, one of them being a stranger, Mummy didn't make a big deal of it, just walked me past them with her fingers in my collar and talked to me nicely - as she was so calm about it all and they didn't get too close, I didn't growl or put my hackles or anything up so Mummy was pleased with me.

On our afternoon walk, she was throwing my frisbee for me. She kept throwing it into the long stuff so I had to sniff it out and I wagged my tail a lot because I like that game. We met Jet and I did a silly growl so Mummy told me to be polite and I shut up, pronto, then I put my frisbee on the ground near Jet in case she wanted to play with it. She just gave me a funny look. I don't think Jet plays.

Mummy talked to Mike the vet about me this evening. I have to have more tablets for my epilepsy because I went six months without a fit, then two, then two, then one so it is more often than before and Mike doesn't feel happy with this (neither do I. Fits aren't nice and I always feel horrible before and after). Starting from tomorrow, I have to have a 'loading dose' of an extra two Epilease (Potassium Bromide) per day, for a week, and then go down to one extra tablet a day. Last time I had a loading dose, I was really sleepy so I am not looking forward to this. Also the Epilease make me sick sometimes so this is going to be fun...

Today's pic is another from when I was a teenager as Mummy likes these.

regards

Brucie xxx

No comments: