About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Monday, May 22, 2006

My Frisbee...Not Fair


Here is another picture of me when I was younger - only 7 months old and already a big boy!

Today, it still rained a lot. Auntie went off early this morning but Mummy stayed home with me. I helped her with her breakfast and then she phoned Auntie Geri and we went for a walk. We didn't meet any other dogs and I helped Mummy to climb through the slippery ditches so I was good.

Auntie Geri was talking about my behaviour around other dogs. She said I will get a bad name, which is true, and that she thinks I am a bully, which Mummy does not think is true after seeing me with Buster this afternoon.

On our second walk, Buster nicked my Frisbee and he kept teasing me by running and jumping in front of me with it, then running off because he knows I can’t catch him. I didn’t growl at him or anything and when he challenged me for the Frisbee, I let him have it. Mummy says this proves that I am not a bully, I am just a big scaredy dog who shows fear aggression (whatever that means) and that I need to (a) build up my confidence in other dogs (b) build up my self-confidence, and (c) trust in her always that she won’t let other dogs hurt me and therefore I am safe and don’t need to put on a big hackly growly display.

I will try…

Anyway, never mind all that, it wasn't fair. He is half my size (he's a collie type) and Mummy said he looked really funny with his ears at half-mast and a goofy smile on his face, waiting for me to try to grab my frisbee then snatching it and running off with it again. That's the thing I do to my people, nobody is supposed to do it to ME!! Humph!!!!!

Auntie is feeling very stressed this evening and so is Mummy so I am off to throw my squeaky strawberry at them both to cheer them up.

Regards to all my friends

Bruce xxx

No comments: