About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Not Bad Today...Too hot!!


I don't have much to tell you today because I have mostly been a good boy. Mummy was late home but Auntie had a late lunch so that was ok, then me and Mummy went for our walk. I had a good swim in the pit and shook myself all over her - it was really hot today for the time of year and Mummy had her shorts on - I like to shake myself right next to her and make her legs all mud-splattered. She calls me a horrible dog - I like that (hee hee).

We saw Jet, who is a Labrador cross and (Mummy says), very much like Aunty Beauty. I have spent my whole life trying to get her to play with me and she has spent my whole life ignoring me. I chewed on a bit of horse's hoof while our Mummies were talking. When that didn't work, i.e. Mummy failed to stop talking to Linda and tell me off and therefore give me her attention, I dropped the piece of hoof and put it under my chin and had a sulk. That did the trick - I did the 'big eyes' thing and they were soon looking at me, which is how it should be.

We had a nice walk, with not too many bangs and Mummy was breathing ok even though the horrible yellow stuff is in full flower now - as you can see from the pic below.



Auntie called Mummy on her mobile before we got home and told her that our old neighbour has died. I didn't know her but Mummy says it's sad because she was only Aunty Judy's age, about 50. They were amazed how fast the gossip had spread - the lady only died at lunchtime today but already the people at Auntie's workplace know and so did a man Mummy spoke to over the fields (but he's another old neighbour so that's fair enough. His wife apparently tried to help).

My people said that this is typical of this village - nothing happens here without the whole village finding out about it.

I leave you with a couple of nature pictures - bullas blossom and some bluebells.

Bullas Blossom



Bluebells


all the best

Brucie xxx

No comments: