About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tired Boy Now


Yawwwn! I am a tired boy now....

I was a restless boy last night and I paced a bit but Mummy just turned her back on me and went back to sleep - how mean is that! I figured if she wasn't bothered, I might as well settle down so I went back to sleep as well.

This morning, she charged out at three minutes past seven, all anxious that she was late for Tracy, and Tracy wasn't even there so she came back in and gave me and Auntie another cuddle and then she went to catch the bus. She came home at one of her normal times today and gave me a lolly from the fridge that was all melted so then she spent time rifling through a drawer full of papers and talking to people on the phone and muttering about all the meat being spoiled. She says the freezer has gone wrong. The man is coming tomorrow to fix it.

I expected her to take me for a walk as usual but she didn't. She went upstairs and had a shower then she came down and had her lunch outside (she shared her sandwiches with me, which was kind)and then she still didn't make a move. Now, this was a bit much so I hopped over the hedge and went out of the neighbour's gate and out to the path on my own. Mummy called me back so I laughed at her and ran round to the back garden. She said she would go without me then, and yelled "Bye, Bruce!" and started off up the hill so I ran back to her. She suggested that we get my lead and all the things we take on our walk so we went indoors and organized ourselves properly.

We did our usual walk and I jumped in a pond but when we got to the place where we usually turn for home, we kept going. We walked all the way to town and then we sat down for a while and Auntie got off a bus and then we went to the vets, where I met a nice new vet called Ruth. I did get to say hello to Mike the vet, who has grown a beard and Mummy says he looks quite handsome, but he didn't treat me today. I got weighed and I am now 45.1 kilos so I am a big boy! There was a funny water feeder thing there that whirred but it said 'cat' on it and I didn't like the whirr so I refused to drink from it. The ladies brought me out a proper ceramic bowl that said 'dog' on it and I had a drink from that.



Mike the Vet without his beard

And we walked home! Auntie bought me a lolly (a proper, frozen one)and her and Mummy had lollies and they had a can of beer each which made them go all silly. They sat down for a while and I jumped in some mud so I could splatter them but they got up before I could get them - not fair!

Now we are home and I have had my tablets and then I puked and now I am tiiiired so I am going to have some food and then go to sleep.

all the best

Brucie xxx

No comments: