About Me

My photo
I like food, walks, cuddles, more food, the seaside, other dogs, food, my frisbee and destroying things. Most of all I love My People and lots of lovely attention. Some say I'm spoiled. I say I get treated as I should be ;) I'm a healthy happy eight year old. The only thing wrong with me (God willing) is epilepsy which costs my owners lots of money and means I have to eat yukky tablets but otherwise seems to bother them more than it bothers me because they remember my fits and I don't. Other than that, I'm a happy lad and I love my people and I'm lucky to live in a place where there are nice walks. I wouldn't want to live in a town.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Poor Bubby

















Bruce's Mummy here. He is resting with his Auntie. He had us up in the night because he had a fit - probably explains all that naughty behaviour lately, as he was as good as gold today (post fit), even when he saw Juno (who he usually beats up).

He had been panting a lot last night, which I tried to tell myself was because it's hot here at the moment but as his tongue was darker than usual, I knew something wasn't right. At 5.20 we were woken by his guttural Hound of the Baskervilles howl and we ran into the kitchen to make the area safe. He wasn't too near the wall, fortunately, but he was right by his water bowls so he did get a soggy bum because he 'paddles' a lot with his legs when he fits. We talked to him gently and he soon came out of it. He is always disorientated and a bit frightened so we reassure him that he is ok and we are here, then he suddenly smiles and we know he's back with us - God willing (please), this is always how it will go.

Bruce paced for ages, and we just about settled down again when it was time for me to get up. Auntie thought about staying home but Bruce was ok on his morning walk and he settled down in his run so we left him. He had been funny about his morning cuddle, but by the time I returned he was his normal cuddly self and we had a nice walk and now he is very tired - and so are we!

Bruce is seeing Mike the Vet next week to get his Epiphen levels checked and we have notified them by phone that he fitted (it goes in his records). Hopefully, all will be well now for a while and Bruce will be back to talk to you tomorrow.

Best regards to all of Bruce's friends

Bruce's Mummy x

No comments: